Monday 29 November 2010

Troubles With God (Poetry Bus)

Ok so it's been a while since I travelled on the Poetry Bus and I hope I haven't missed my ride as The Bug posted very early and a lot of people have already posted as a result

Anyway - Bug asked us to submit on one of three topics - and I chose the one related to conversations with God.

I offer you the below in good humour - please do not take offense:

Get This Party Started

At the end of the world disco party
The crowd splits to two different rooms
The believers in one quietly praying
Whilst Satan keeps all the best tunes

With the Judgement day finally over
They wait for the main star to appear
From the back of his private stretch limo
And finally make his plan clear

The lights dim, the music starts playing
The smoke machine belches a haze
And in white suit and medallion God enters
Still moving in mysterious ways

19 comments:

The Bug said...

It's not done! What's the plan? Argghh!

LOL - I enjoyed this a lot. I've got you linked.

Dominic Rivron said...

Great fun. Take offence? Nobody should. And anyway, to be satirised is a compliment.

Enchanted Oak said...

I should have kept my platform shoes, dang it. Things I want to know:
Does he have the really good tunes?
Are his shoes white?
What happens to Satan?
Do we all get to dance?

Your final line rolled me off of my chair.

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Bug - i think we have to wait for that bit

Dominic - thanks

Enchanted - i'm not sure: i think there's some mention of The Lord Of The Dance...

Batteson.Ind said...

this is great.. love the image of god in a mahoosive pair of flares and sparkly platforms :-D
he da man!

Peter Goulding said...

Oh absolutely brilliant. Let's hope this it how it is!

Argent said...

There's going to be dancing? Aargh, I'm hopeless at that. Nice idea though!

Jinksy said...

Brilliant! And the quiet pauses come between the dancing - best of both worlds! LOL :)

Helen said...

Let's get this party started!

(I want more of this too)

Anonymous said...

no offense - loved it actually, especially liked

Satan keeps all the best tunes

and God [s]till moving in mysterious ways...

what else is new on both counts? :)

MuseSwings said...

I may be quietly praying, but my toes will be tapping to those devilish tunes! Mysterious ending!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ha ha! I likes it! Mysterious but in this case marvelous!

English Rider said...

What else would he, oops! HE be wearing?

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

watercats - well someone had to invent disco

Peter - just as long as there's no Dexy's Midnight Runners (yeesh)

Argent - yeah, but there'll be a live band: so we'll be sorted :)

Jinksy - ta

Helen - absolutely

Gospelwriter - thanks. The song remains the same as they say :)

Museswings - keep on rocking in the free world

TfE - ta

English - absolutely!

Doctor FTSE said...

Great. Got me seeing visions of Elvis (and others) in the role of the Big Man Upstairs.

Cad said...

Lead me to the disco!

Friko said...

So, what happens next?

I sincerely hope there'll be a follow-on, second act, no. 2 in the series, or what you will.

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Doctor FTSE - is a comment about the KING of heaven going too far? Hmmm...

Cad - the best

Friko - sadly i don't have the answers to what happens next.

Lydia said...

You really are so funny!